Responder
Javibeza
Administrador
Administrador
Volante: Logitech G25
Nick rFactor: Javibeza

[ENG] NRD 2022: Proposals, ideas and suggestions

Mensaje por Javibeza »

Hi all! As every year, we open a thread so that all members of this community can express their ideas and suggestions.

In this particular season we want to start this thread a few months before to be able to define the 2022 season more in advance, since we intuit that it will take more work than normal, due to the change in regulations on the car, which we assume will be welcomed by the vast majority of drivers.

However, we are very interested in having everyone's opinions either about the mod, about the competition system, or about anything else, and we are as always open to proposals and new ideas, no matter how crazy they may seem. As you can imagine, not everything will be possible to do and ultimately the organization are the ones who decides the direction of the league, but we believe it is important to know everyone's opinion, and that the proposals remain here in writing instead of being lost in a chat months later.

Feel free to write about any topic:

- Mod Formula NRD 2022.
- Regulation.
- Development of GPs, sessions.
- Sanctions, commissioners.
- Press, NRDTV.
- Web, forum.

And don't be in a hurry, we still have many months ahead of us and if you can't think of anything to contribute, and in a couple of months you feel inspired or have changed your mind, this thread will continue to be available here.
Ricardo Ferreira
Piloto Iniciado
Piloto Iniciado
Volante: TS Racer
Nick rFactor: Ricardo Ferreira

Re: [ENG] NRD 2022: Proposals, ideas and suggestions

Mensaje por Ricardo Ferreira »

Hi...

All I'm going to say is not a criticism, but they're things That I really think we can improve and I believe we can improve.
We don't need to do things like real life, we can do things based in real life but not equal.
I have a lot of time of this, and I know normally people don't like Formula 1 mods.
I already said in Discord we need to have our identity with this:

2022 MOD:
About the car MODEL we can wait for a 2022 car model, but we have several mods that its very good for example ASR MODS: (In my humble opinion it's the best formulas for rf2 (studio only have tatuus and old formulas that is pretty good the new Formula Pro it's not good.)

ASR_2020_ASR-H (great mod for a league, but car need a little more power but you guys can do some tweaks in that.)
ASR_2020_ASR-ONE - (great mod for a league, but I guess car it's too fast (a lot downforce) but pretty sure you guys can change that too)

Still I guess ASR-H it's better for a league.

(I can send the link if needed it)

About our car physics in general our car it's very good, after a good setup we can have a good feeling. Mainly with boost 1 we have a good feel.
But In my opinion the car should be simpler. Don't make any sense use boost in a lot of places during the race plus with boost 2 or 3 the car it's hard to drive and very unpredictable. I guess it's to hard for people that want to start after some races or to maintain people in the league after some races.

The first feeling we get when trying the car is that it's not good. First the FFB it's quite bad and wierd, I never feel nothing like that when I tried the first time, and it's something related with ackerman settings. I don't know why we have that. I never saw that in another MOD.
Another thing it's the values bumps and rebound. Should be between 1 and 25 max!

So In general we need to have a mod that captivates people staying here. They can be slow, but if they have a mod with a good feeling they will stay. It's like leagues with Tatuus cars always a lot of people because that. I believe ASR MOD can bring us that.

But again this its just my opinion about the MOD.

-------------------------

Calendar:
We should reduce to 18 GPs. Keep in mind this is a hobbie not a job. Even for Admins.
Why we have Paul Ricard? Singapure? Mexico? Zandvoort? Bad tracks and don't bring nothing to the league. We can have our calendar. We have some pretty good original tracks. Malaysia for example.

----------------------

Sessions:
I agree with the format that we have. But I guess Q1 should be 10 minutes and Q2 10 minutes. This year we already have situations that people need to start a lap and we don't have enough space, and in some tracks it's hard to do a 2 attempt.

For now I guess this is the main things that we can and we should improve.
Ricardo Ferreira
Piloto Iniciado
Piloto Iniciado

Hello.

In my opinion we should have always 2 weeks between races.
And avoid double and triple races. Like I said before this is a hobbie. So less races with more space between them.
Ricardo Ferreira
Piloto Iniciado
Piloto Iniciado

In my opinion we should avoid updates in the week of the race.
Maybe only if we have something very wrong like track bug or something like that.

And again in my opinion we should use real names :)
Ricardo Ferreira
Piloto Iniciado
Piloto Iniciado

Next year F1 will ban the mandatory of start with the tyres of Q2.
We can have one Q 12 minutes max 6 laps?
rigodon
Administrador
Administrador
Nick rFactor: rigodon

Mensaje por rigodon »

Ricardo Ferreira escribió: Lun Nov 22, 2021 10:38 am Next year F1 will ban the mandatory of start with the tyres of Q2.
We can have one Q 12 minutes max 6 laps?
First place, even I don't always answer to your suggestions, I do always read, believe me :D

Yes, I've seen that rule will proably be gone next year. I understand the reasons why they do it in real life, and at this time is a bit soon for us to decide. We typically decide these things on January-February, and it's not only my decision, so I just can tell you my opinion: I think the start tyre rule is funny for us, but I'm not going to oppose if people wants to remove it. However, I think one of the best things F1 has done in the last 15 years is qualifying by elimination, I'd really push to keep that one because I really have fun on that, and I think I'm not the only one.
Manager Legacy Racing Audi

Imagen
Ricardo Ferreira
Piloto Iniciado
Piloto Iniciado

Hihih don't worry mate! ;)

Maybe. Don't know. But Q1 it's too long and Q2 its too short. Maybe one Q with all cars. Like they do until 2000, for me still best opinion.
Main goal here it's the race not the Q. We lose like 25\30 minutes with Q it's too much.
Javibeza
Administrador
Administrador
Nick rFactor: Javibeza

Mensaje por Javibeza »

Ricardo Ferreira escribió: Lun Nov 22, 2021 10:38 am Next year F1 will ban the mandatory of start with the tyres of Q2.
Terrible decision. Now, good cars will always pass to Q3 without problems with soft tyres and then everybody will start the race with mediums or hard.
It will make Q2 less interesting in mid-table and race strategies will converge for everyone, so no surprises during race.

Instead of making sprint more interesting, let's **** up the only thing that makes traditional qualy interesting! Nice... :roto2

I guess they'll regret after some races and put the rule back when everybody starts complaining on social media.
rigodon
Administrador
Administrador
Nick rFactor: rigodon

Mensaje por rigodon »

Mmmm, I don't think it will be so bad in real life. I read a Ross Brawn interview saying that the practical effect of that rule is that RB and Mercedes start with mediums and the other cars in the top-10 start with softs, which give them even more advantage. In my opinion it's a "wait and see", I'm not really sure it's a good or bad rule.

And I'm talking about real life of course, in this league we should only think if that rule is funny for us or not.
Manager Legacy Racing Audi

Imagen
Responder